Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting the Door Slammed in my Face

I have come to a time in my life and ministry where I am itching to move on to a new era.  Finishing college and realizing that the extremely close bond that I have with my friends is quickly coming to a close.  I am looking for direction from God.  I am not only looking for direction from God, but wrestling with God.  If you are not currently there, you will at some point in your life.  So many times I, like the rest of humanity, feel like I have all of he answers and I know what is best for my life.  This could not be farther from the truth.  I recently read a scripture that hit me.  

Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with  thanksgiving let your request be know to God and the peace of God , which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and minds through Christ Jesus."  

When the door gets shut in your face praise God.  It may not be easy but, it is what is best for you.  Let God know what you want and then let him take over.  If you think you know what is best in your life and God does not allow it, be patient.  God may be protecting you from something, or preparing something far beyond what you could ever imagine.

In Christ, 
Nick       

No comments: